Escaped animals

Your dog or cat has run away, what should you do? Most of the time, the animals come back to the place from which they ran away. It is best for the owner or someone the animal knows to stay at the site of the disappearance and wait. Otherwise, it is also helpful if the animal has free access to the accommodation.


In addition, you can do the following:

  • Enter a missing person report in the national database for missing and found animals in Switzerland:Swiss Animal Reporting Centre
  • Notify the police on telephone number 117
  • Notify the municipality and neighbouring municipality of the place of disappearance
  • Notify veterinarians in the vicinity:Veterinarian Finder
  • Notify the hunting authorities
  • Distribute search posters with a picture and contact details widely


Other helpful contacts and contact points: